autonumber roles?

Jul 5, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Hi, i just installed this a couple of days ago and, with a bit of experimentation, got it to create autonumbered values!  Thank you!

So, I received a call from a user of our CRM tool that she could not record an opportunity as Won/Lost.  i checked her permissions within CRM and she has more than enough to complete this action.  I put a test user into the same security role and examined the log file.  Apparently the autonumber plug-in threw an exception.

I then looked closer at the plug-in and noticed it created two additional security roles:  user and admin.  I added the autonumber user role to my test user account and it seemed to work ok.  i'm having the user try it out now. 

So, my question is:  do i need to add everyone who is manipulating forms with the autonumber used to the autonumber user role?

thanks again.

Jul 5, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I also ran into this problem today. My user was running a process with CoreMotives on an entity that does not use the counter when the following error was triggered:

"Errors occured while processing the records:

- CRM FaultException: Principal user (Id=[GUID], type=8) is missing prvReadxbitz_Counter privilege (Id=[GUID])"

I gave the user the "Autonumber User" role but it has not resolved this problem. I'm going to have to uninstall this otherwise fantastic solution if I can't resolve this. Any suggestions??

Jul 5, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Turns out the CoreMotives functionality was running as a different user who didn't have the Autonumber User role. I added the role and now it works!

Aug 12, 2014 at 3:46 PM
Hi,

Not sure if this should be a new thread but I have a quick query raised by a customer of ours who have the Auto Number add-in installed. They encountered the error mentioned above when a CRM administrator was trying to create new users.

It transpired that the user had been allocated an Administrative licence in CRM, once they were allocated a Full licence the issue was resolved.

The customer has asked if this is a possible design flaw or if there is any way around it as they do not want to grant admin staff Full Licences unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks.