How to add numbers to already existing records

Jun 6, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I want to have an unique id number for accounts and your solution is great for that. 

I have installed v1.0.0

Unfortunately, I have already 500 accounts and I don't know how I can put a number on these pre-existing account. I tried to do it but the next autonumber is an increment of the last autonumber without taking account of the manually entered numbers. 

Same question will occur if in the future I import some accounts through and excel file, can I pre-fill the account number in my excel file and be sure that the next account created will have a new number?

thanks for your help

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2012 at 3:54 AM

Hi demeus,

Yes. You can certainly pre-fill the account number on the existing accounts.

All you need to do in order for the auto number to work is to set the CurrentPosition to the last sequential number used.

Eg: if you have 500 accounts and your last account is numbered ACC-00050

In the Counter setting for your account entity, you need to put 50 in the Current Position field.

That way, next time a new account is created, it will have the number of ACC-00051

Hope this helps.

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2012 at 3:56 AM

I'm also working on a tool to help you pre-fill the autonumber for existing records.

It will be done within the next 2 weeks or so.

Jul 30, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Hi,

Great tool. When do you think you will wrap up the pre-fill for exisitng records? Any way to run a workflow?