Two digit year

Aug 1, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Is there a way to get the two digit year ( not 2012 jut 12) while configuring the display format during record creation?

I've tried something like

ABC_{createdon.Substring(7,2)}_{CurrentPosition.PadZero(5)}

but it doesn't get the year right all the time. ( E.g. I wanted the display format to work in all scenaris 7/30/2012 , 7/3/2012, 10/3/2012, 10/30/2012). I'm not sure if this is possible with substring?

Aug 8, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Can someone help me in getting two digit year into the Display format that covers all scenarios??

Aug 21, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I don't have a system to try this out on, but you could try formatting the date instead of using SubString:

ABC_{createdon.ToString("yy")}_{CurrentPosition.PadZero(5)}

Aug 22, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Hi Larmccoy

That didn't work. {createdon.ToString("yy")} returned empty. I have tried couple of other function but none of them were working except SubString so that's the reason I was playing around with it.

Thanks anyways for looking into it. I'm planning to uninstall this if I dont get it to work as it is quite important to get the year in the display format.

Oct 22, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Hi. I need to display the date. Can you help me?

Thank you,

Michal

Feb 4, 2014 at 11:40 AM
Hi everyone,

are there still no suggestions how to do this? I stand right now in front of the exactly same wall. Does this solution leans on the crm sdk, Javascript or what? Maybe that would help so we come further.

Our template for opportunity IDs looks like this: ABC-{Year_of_creation(the last two digits like 14 instead of 2014)}{project_number(4 digits long)}.
We use the latest version of Advanced CRM Autonumber in our CRM 2013 Online environment.